Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Beginning: November 16, 2008

Well, my very own blog... how important I feel! I just read John's blog and I laughed out loud. I guess this would be a good way to remember some of my favorite stories, for when I get really old, and also for those random thoughts that are so important not to miss. I think that's why people meditate, so they can hear their random thoughts. Though through the years I think that many of those "meditative types" are just spending time focusing on their worries as they don't seem a lot calmer and happier as mediators. I'm more of an "ignorer" than a mediator. Rather than focus on a problem I ignore it until it becomes way TOO BIG to ignore or it goes away. That should work real well with medical issues, huh?
Last night we (Wes and I) met John and Jan at the 331 Club for a drink then went and had dinner at Erte. It was a FABULOUS evening and we all got to hear Sadie sing. WoW! She is so awesome. And I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter either. She has a voice that doesn't sound like anyone else's that I've heard. I tried to video it with my camera, we'll see what comes of it. I know it was too dark to see her, but hopefully we'll be able to hear her.
Here are some random questions:
1) Why is it the people who are against abortion are for the death penalty? Doesn't the "Thou Shalt Not Kill" thing apply to adults?
2) Why do parents ask their kids a question when their answer isn't going to matter?
"Do you want to go to the store now?" It doesn't matter if little Billy or Betty wants to go to the store. You're going to the store, what answer the kid gives is irrelevant, don't you think this sets up a "situation"? Either you can try to convince the kid that they really DO want to go, or you can just say we're going and discount their answer. Either way you aren't honoring their answer. Why can't parents just say, "We're going to the store now." The parent has made a decision, the child learns this is how it works. Then you can give the kid choices that they can actually have, like what color shirt do you want to wear or do you want peanut butter and jelly (kids still eat that, right?) or ham.
Okay, I'm going to feed the horses breakfast now...

3 comments:

john r said...

way to get started..kind of fun huh?
johnny boy
p.s. and it was great seeing you guys, so much fun

john r said...

ok...one blog does not a blog make...keep going girl

ZenJane said...

RIGHT!! I just come and Blogged... not too interesting at all, but then I'm not feeling to funny ... the funeral and all. Man, but tomorrow, tomorrow I promise I'll be funny again... had dinner with La at the MOA on Thursday, she's doing good!